Pages

Feb 23, 2010

Motivations


Can you tell that I am going threw my scattered papers today? A few weeks ago I went to a body language class. Some of it was interesting...some I really didn't like it was a bit "mystical" for me but the instructor talked about motivations..your own and your loved ones. It is a bit like the 5 love languages, except there are many more motiviations than just five. So I thought it would be fun to find out the kids motivations as well...I printed some pictures off the internet and asked them by the pictures (for the younger ones) which ones they liked the best. Suprisingly I think they are pretty accurate:

Hub
Fairness
Knowledge
Commitment
Simplicity
Fun

Moo
Creativity
Hurry
Religion
Accountability
Courage

Dude
Creativity
Structure
Invention
Fun
Money

Chipper
Courage
Wisdom
Invention
Change
Creativity


Chip
Religion
Honesty....he is the most honest person I know
Wisdom
Money
Trust

Me
Religion
Change
Integrity
Perfection
Growth

I found it interesting that both of my boys would have money in their motivations...it is important for men to have the desire to provide for their families. I have to admit that I was really surprised by hub's...his are really different from mine, and different from what I would have suspected...although he did want to take the test again now that he understands what I was showing him random pictures for :) I also found in interesting that my older two really are into creativity...they always want to draw or act or create something new...and I always knew Dude would invent something someday...he just has that kind of mind that likes to work on a problem...so different from my sluggish one.

Here is the list so if you want to take the test yourself you can....pick which ones describe you and which dont...then narrow the ones that describe you down to 10 and then 8 and then 5 and then order them in importance to you.

Urgency
Fitness
Wisdom
Innovation
Commitment
Team Work
Knowledge
Diversity
Achievement
Fun
Structure
Quality
Change
Balance
Passion
Money
Volunteer
Simplicity
Religion
Fairness
Customer Service
Loyalty
Creativity
Growth
Legacy
Trust
Family
Status
Courage
Effectiveness
Accountable
Independence
Integrity
Perfection
Honesty
Recognition
Authority

...I should mention that I took family out of the options when I asked my children...mostly because I think they all would have picked it and secondly...I don't really want to know if family isn't on their list :)

If you want to know more about the body language guy his name is Kirk Duncan and his email is office@3keyelements.com

Other notes:
Judgement is when you stop trying to learn about someone or something...we should always be learning.

Practice being still (I am so a leg shaker) Notice why you are moving

Recommended reading...the JackRabbit factor by Householder

Triangle means God (top) Self and Others
Circle means give and receive...in a round
Square means to design it...to give something shape...the corners are your first 30 minutes and your last 30 minutes

He talked about eye eye movements
up is accessing your higher power...record it
down is looking within yourself...usually an emotion with it
looking at ears...listening to the voices in their head...not the crazy ones...other peoples opinions...let them listen
up to left...accessing data, past, history, facts
up to right...creative, hopes, wants, future

He also talked about vision boards..but that is for another post after I actually get around to making my own then I can blog about it

No comments:

Post a Comment