Pages

Jul 23, 2010

Fathers and Daughters

Dad's are so blessed with beautiful daughters. They admire you and appreciate you and love you. I can see it in their eyes.

Dad's are kings. Would a girl living in the castle ever question the king? Would a girl working in the castle ever say no to the king? Would a princess living in the castle ever speak out against the king?

How can we treat our dad's like the king? He is the king, the king of our castle's


Father Roles:

Provide for physical needs

Listen

Guide

Teach

Love

Comfort

Always in relationship



Daughters Roles

Appreciate

Confide and Consel

Respectful

Obedient

Loves

Serves

Always in relationship



Other things daughters can don to strengthen their relationship:

meet him at the door or the corner

talk to him and share your day

have a "fathers hour"

let her father direct her life,

say what he would like her to,

do what he would like her to.

His approval is a blessing

make the home a sweet place to be



But what if she is: Stubborn, Discontent, Dispondent?

She will destroy all the beauty and peace in the home

or she will develop no mind and no character


A Girl should submit to her parents...WHILE holding and weighing and considering the options. Be a truth seeker, develop good judgement, try to understand the why's


We are daughters of another King....the King of Heaven


How can we be daughters to our Heavenly Father?

Knock at his door

Have a Heavenly Father's hour....prayer, scriptures, pondering

Seek His approval and Blessing

Always do His will




What did I learn?

Would a queen living in the castle ever question the king in front of the court? Would a queen working beside the king ever disobey? Would a queen living in the castle ever speak loudly too the king?.....OFF WITH HER HEAD! :) Luckily my hubby is not so barbaric.

How can I treat my husband like the king? A queen whispers when she wants to say something to her king. A queen like Ester uses her charms and talents to woo and sway him to her side. A queen obey's her kings wishes and demands....yes even when demanded!

I used to have a fathers hour with my father. Before my mission and marriage my father and I worked 3 blocks away from each other. Each day I would walk down to his office and we would sit outside and each lunch together and watch the people. These are some of my favorite memories and the time I learned to appreciate my father. He is wise and good and patient and forgiving, and has a little bit of a silly side on rare occasions. I look fondly upon those moments with my father.

My relationship with my husband and my father mirrors my relationship with the Lord. How would I treat the Lord if he were here? This is how I should treat my father and my husband. Humility, Respect, Awe, Gratitude, Appreciation, Admiration, Love, Service, Listen, Obey.

The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want, He leadeth me to lie down in green pastures. He leadeth me beside the still waters, He restoreth my soul, He leadeth me in the path of righteousness. When I loose myself in the Lord's will I find all the things I ever wanted and needed. The same thing happens when I loose myself in my husbands will...I find all the things I ever wanted and needed. What a glorious pattern the Lord has given. He truly does love each of us. The Perfect Father.

Other Resources: A Daughter of God...Young Woman Manual

Recipe's
Pancakes
2 C of fresh ground Spelt, kamut, whole wheat flour
2 c buttermilk, kefir, or yogurt
2 eggs slightly beaten
½ t sea salt
1 t baking soda
2 T melted butter
For soaking...Soak flour in buttermilk, kefir or yogurt in a warm place for 12-24 hours.
Stir in ingredients and thin to desired consistency with water additional water.
Cook on griddle until edges are firm and golden brown. Flip and cook other side. Serve and Enjoy
Apricot Butter
4 C aprictos
Blend in a food processor
1 T sea salt
¼ c whey
½ C honey
Mix and blend in food processor

Muffins
3 C freshly ground spelt, kamut, or whole wheat flour
2 C buttermilk, kefir or yogurt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 t sea salt
1/3 C maple syrup
2 t baking soda
1 t vanilla
3 T melted butter
Soak flour in buttermilk, in a warm place for 12 to 24 hours.
Blend ingredients. Pour into well buttered muffin tins. Bake at 325 degrees for about 1 hour.

Variations:
Blueberry: Add 1 C blueberries...do not mix, set on top of batter
Pumpkin: Add ½ C pumpkin and ½ t cinnamon and 1/8 t nutmeg....add chocolate chips if wanted
Lemon Poppyseed: Add 1/8 C lemon juice and ¼ c poppy seeds
Raisin: ½ c raisins, ½ t cinnamon
Fruit Spice: 2 ripe fruit..peeled and cut into small pieces. ½ t cinnamon 1/8 t nutmeg

No comments:

Post a Comment