Pages

Jul 23, 2010

House and Home



Each girl drew a picture of her dream house

What does your dream house look like?


Each girl drew a picture of her dream home

What does your dream home look like?


Are they different?



So cute how they all wanted a stream in the yard, lots of windows, lots of trees, and a garden

So cute how they all want to be a mother and a wife and have lots and lots of children, soft words spoken, hugs and kisses


We are all builders in our homes. The Lord is the general contractor, Parents are subcontractors resonsible for a vital segment of the whole project, ALL of us are builders.

Builders should 1 Kneel down and pray. You need to talk to the contractor every day!
2 Step up to serve. A house gets build with man power and muscle. So do
homes, everyone must do their part to serve each other
3 Reach out to rescue. We don't want any workplace accidents here. Save
each other from pitfalls, mistakes and miscommunications. Avoid
contention before it grows.





What did I learn?
The building of a house is a lot of work. It takes dedication, knowledge, money, time, effort and a general contractor. When building a house we plan, prepare, save, think. Do I do the same when building a home? Do I plan what my family will look like, do I prepare myself to be able to build it, Do I save my time and talents for truly important work, do I think about what needs, wants, desires and rules should be followed.

"Let the Lord be the general contractor for the family"...Thomas S. Monson.

I want the Lord to be my general contractor. I want Him to be involved in every step, in every decision, in every stud that is laid, or screw that is turned.

Just like one of my favorite quotes from CS Lewis says in the side bar.....this house building hurts abominably, and yet He is building a mansion when I would settle for a little cottage.

What a beautiful thing to know that the Lord will help me, or is it that I am truly just a subcontractor helping him, build something that can last forever.....A Family


Heritage Notebook Quote:

A house is built with Walls and Beams, A Home is build with Love and Dreams



Other Resources:
First Presidency Message Oct. 1991
Heavenly Homes, Forever Families



Recipies:
Breakfast Porridge
1 Cup Oats, Rolled or Cracked
1 Cup Warm Water plus 2 T whey
½ t sea salt
1 C water
1 T flax seeds (opt)
Soak oats in warm water mixture overnight
Add additional 1 cup of water bring to a boil with sea salt. Simmer for several minutes. Grind flax seeds and let stand for a few minutes. Add sweeteners and/or nuts



Grape Nuts Cereal
3 ½ c whole wheat flour
2 c. sour milk or buttermilk....sour milk by addition 1 T of vinegar to it
Soak flower in milk overnight
1 c brown sugar
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon (opt.)
2 t vanilla
Mix together and Bake at 375 for 15 minutes in a shallow pan...like a cookie sheet. Once it is cooked cut it into pieces and whilr the crumbs in the food processor. Bake again at 300 or 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment